Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM evap connections

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM evap connections

I am finishing up putting an 08 gen IV LMG into a old Jeep. I have looked here and everywhere else for weeks trying to find a diagram for the evap hoses. I have to deal with emissions here, and have the OEM canister for that engine.
There are three connection on it, two large, and one small. I assume the small goes to the purge solenoind on the intake manifold, and I assume the two large goes to the tank and to the vent solenoid, but which is which? The shape of the canister leads me to beleive they are not the same. I am running the OEM fuel pump, which also has tree connections. The fuel supply connection was obvious when I hooked it up to a batttery. I do not know what the other small one does, as this is a returnless system. the large one presumably goes to the canister.

I am two or three hoses away from being finished with this project, any help would surely be appreciated!

Thanks
Old 11-19-2009, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?
Old 11-19-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wish I could help.. but I have not seen or worked with any of the Truck setup.. just the F-Body EVAP's.. but they do all work the same way. but now knowing what they look like, i would only be guessing.

If you can not find the answer, I would suggest you find a Factor Service Manual for that year engine and Truck and look at the diagrams or ask some one with Alldata to send you the pages.

Quick Reply: OEM evap connections