Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3rd gen Camaro stock guage question!! Hlp!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd gen Camaro stock guage question!! Hlp!

91 camaro rs - running a 382ls6/t56 with an 02 ws6 ecm. Now to the REAL meat of the matter..Has anybody used their stock 3rd gen guage cluster after they had done their conversion to an lsx engine/t56 and got the speedometer and tachometer to work correctly?? I know the speed sensor out of the t56 is different from the 700r4 that i had in there and as far as the tachometer goes, it was suggested to me to put a 1.5k resistor inline with the tach feed to the guage to get a correct reading but the guage reads way low when the car is running. If anybody has gotten their stock guages to work correctly I would really love to hear how they did it. This has been an ongoing battle with my car and I would like to win finally!
Cheers
Old 11-21-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

You can double the tach output with a program like HPtuners. This should have been done when you had the ECM programmed for the swap. There is a VSS output from the ECM. If this is hooked to your speedo input wire for the cluster and the gearing/ tire sizes are correctly entered in the ECM it will work correctly also. Oil pressure sender outputs the same for feeding that gauge and you can adapt the stock thirdgen water temp sender into the engine. On the swaps I have done in thirdgens, all stock gauges and idiot lights work correctly.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats awesome!! For some reason, when I originally had my ecm tuned, the guy told me that I would have to put in some auxillary device to get the speedo working and that the tach would have to be manipulated to work. Needless to say I'm not goin back to him again. I'm getting it the car tuned and ecm reprogrammed on monday!
Thanks again!

Quick Reply: 3rd gen Camaro stock guage question!! Hlp!