Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what motor??

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question what motor??

ok i am doing a swap into my 69 el camino. i have a ls1 right now but i like the sound of a l76 truck motor because of the vvt and dod option. the block is still aluminum but is a 6.0. not a big deal to me. it would go in with a t56 trans. the car/truck will be a driver and maybe a see a autocross or 2. i dont drag race at all. just would like some input on this. has anyone gone from a non vvt motor to a vvt motor? i am going to drive this thing in everything but the snow. i drive a civic right now so power is not that big of a deal. would like to get the best mpg and driveability that i can. thanks
Old 12-05-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have a Civic as the DD.. I would build the Elco up a bit more.. and not worry about mileage. With EFI, your going to be way ahead of the current setup you have.. I got a stock LS1, w/LS6 intake, header, no smog, Viper T56 and 4.11 gears.. I get 23+ on the highway.. might get more if I ever got it tuned.. LOL..
Old 12-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either one of those engines the LS1 or the 6.0 truck engine will work great in that car and should get good mpg.