Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hacked Up Harness... Need Help to ID Wires

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hacked Up Harness... Need Help to ID Wires

This is my first attempt at building a stand alone harness, unfortunately the guy who pulled the Engine and Trans decided to cut the harness into 3 pieces. It’s a 4.8L/4L60E from a 2004 Silverado 2wd. I think I just about have it figured out other than 2 wires... does anyone know where the pink wire in pin 63 on the green side of the computer goes?? It is assigned for fluid pressure and it either goes to E or N on the round plug on the Trans but because both of those wires are pink I can't tell for sure (I'm guessing the other pink wire from the trans connector will be connected to switched power??). Also on the green side of the PCM, a Brown and White wire in pin 46 is for a MIL control??? It goes to the I/P harness on the 2004 application. What do I do with this wire; I don't see a connector for it?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PIN 63 on the green goes to Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch Signal A

PIN 46 on the green side is in fact your MIL. I would believe just run that to a simple light. So whenever your PCM throws a code you will be able to know it.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Thank you for the reply, that helps me with the MIL connector... does anyone know if the computer sends a + signal or a - signal to activate the light???

Also I used Green 33 and Blue 42 for fan controls... are these signals + or -?? I need to know in order to wire in the fan relays correctly. (I assume the fuel pump signal is + right? ... for that relay as well) ... do I need to tell my computer (edit the PCM) that I’m using Green 33 and Blue 42 as fans or will that kick on the relays at a factory set temperature via the stock 2004 tune? (The 2004 motor had a fan clutch stock, but I’m adding 2 electric fans and ditching the stock fan).

As for the Green 63 (pink wire) mentioned initially, does anyone know if that wire is the E or N wire on the Trans electrical connector side??? Also is the other pink wire on the trans connector suspossed to be hooked to an ignition fuse? ... Or I can figure it out if anyone has the wiring diagram for a 2004 4L60E Trans??

Sorry for asking so many questions, I just know there are so many knowledgeable people on this site, any info will help. Thank you all!
Old 12-18-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GENIIIHybrids
Ok Thank you for the reply, that helps me with the MIL connector... does anyone know if the computer sends a + signal or a - signal to activate the light???
VCM sends out a ground signal for the MIL light

Originally Posted by GENIIIHybrids
Also I used Green 33 and Blue 42 for fan controls... are these signals + or -?? I need to know in order to wire in the fan relays correctly. (I assume the fuel pump signal is + right? ... for that relay as well) ... do I need to tell my computer (edit the PCM) that I’m using Green 33 and Blue 42 as fans or will that kick on the relays at a factory set temperature via the stock 2004 tune? (The 2004 motor had a fan clutch stock, but I’m adding 2 electric fans and ditching the stock fan). !
fan control circuits are ground signal, fuel pump control circuit is positive signal...stock PCM is programmed for mechanical fan ( you'll need the electric fan function programmed)
Old 12-19-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try going to www. lt1swap.com. In spite of the name, this fellow has tons of info about the 5.3 Vortec engines. I just did a stand alone harness using his instructions, and it turned out to be much easier than I had anticipated. He also has the 2004 wiring specs if you need them. I am certainly no expert on the subject, but I don't recall ANY PINK WIRES that didn't go to a switched 12 volt source. Hope this helps. Ron

Quick Reply: Hacked Up Harness... Need Help to ID Wires