Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok guys need help a.s.a.p Found a harness i need to know what all to pull.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok guys need help a.s.a.p Found a harness i need to know what all to pull.

ok guys i found a tahoe at the local pick and pull with a complete and intact harness. i need to know what to get. i really dont want to have to pull the entire thing. i tried to take pictures if they would help. but i need to know starting from the pcm connetor what all do i take. some of it runs into the firewall some of it runs under the truck.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would grab it all and sort it out later. Shouldn't be too hard, that truck looks pretty well disassembled. Grab whatever relays and fuse boxes are hooked up to the engine harness. Hell, grab all the engine sensors too. The yard is probably goign to charge you one fixed price for the harness so might as well gets spares.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Launching!

This yard is rediculous. they charge you for every seperate connection of the harness. im going now and im going to just pull the main body and hope thats all i need. thanks anyways.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You disconnect it from the fusebox, there are 2 connectors there that tie it in to the body harness, you disconnect them or cut them on the body harness side. Unplug the coil harness connectors, the injector plug, the TPS plug, the IAC plug, the Evap soleniod plug, the Knock sensor harness plug, the CTS plug, the front O2's, the EGR plug and the MAF plug. Then you'll have to remove the intake to get the oil sensor and cam sensor plugs plug off. While the intake is off, you might as well grab the knock sensor harness. You'll need to remove the starter and wires to get the crank sensor plug off (the oil level sensor plug is there too), unplug it all along with any plugs on the A/C compressor. You'll need to remove the steering pump and bracket to get the harness back up from the starter, crank sensor, oil level sensor, and A/C compressor. Start back by the starter and start feeding it back until you get it to the top. Next you'll have to get underneath and disconnect the tranny connector, the Nuetral park safety switch connector, the VSS, the rear O2's, if it has another connector going towards the back of the truck, disconnect it. Now start feeding the harness back up to the top, you'll have to watch for any grounds and mounting points you have to remove. That should it, if I missed anything, I'm sure somebody will chime in.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Launching!

i got it all out. someone had already undone most of it. the idiots vut the o2 harness in half so im gonna have to get another one. other than that im good.

Quick Reply: ok guys need help a.s.a.p Found a harness i need to know what all to pull.