Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a DD Third Gen Nova...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about a DD Third Gen Nova...

Theres a guy near by selling a 70s Nova with a straight body and minimal rust for 3k.

Its a 6cyl 2speed car. I'm sure I can talk him down with cash but thats another story.

In your opinion, what would be the best set up to build a nice street cruiser?
By nice street cruiser I mean something in the neighborhood of 350-400rwhp, decent suspension (possibly air ride suspension ), and good gas mileage. I'd love a t56 but am a bit worried about the components i would need to make the switch. An automatic like a 700r4 or simular would be simpler but would offer less gas mileage.

I also want to run A/C and what not in the car, along with a nice sound system and interior but that can come later.

What kind of set up would fit this criteria with the least amount of $$$ while maintaining a decent cool factor? Keeping all this **** in balance is quite the challange sometimes...

thanks
Jonny
Old 01-03-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Read.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...de-1500-a.html
Old 01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why is it all the budget builds always want 400 HP at the rear wheels?

Sounds like a good deal on that nova though. Not sure I would have something like that as a daily driver. Old cars can be somewhat unreliable, and theft on something out of the ordinary is always a concern.