Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with power brake conversion on 1st gen, ATS clutch bracket still works right?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with power brake conversion on 1st gen, ATS clutch bracket still works right?

I've been lazy in finishing my 68 Firebird but I'm gathering parts to hopefully finish it this summer and I already have the car tagged, drove it around on the carb setup all year and such ran beautifully. Anyway i just bought a small brake booster and master cylinder setup from my friend and i am going to install it this spring when i finish up the fuel lines and all. My question is will my ATS firewall bracket still work work the power brake unit? It looks like it should as there are two sets of holes in it, i will just not be able to use the two holes mounting the master cylinder to the firewall right? Here are some pics.

Can i just drill new holes for the booster studs?

The lower holes on the ATS bracket look like the should line up with the bottom studs on the booster so i should just have to drill the top ones right? and maybe run a spacer.

Since the ATS plate will be sandwiched between the booster and the firewall will it be ok only being held by the two bolts instead of 4 or should i tack weld it to the firewall as well?
Attached Thumbnails Help with power brake conversion on 1st gen, ATS clutch bracket still works right?-oldmc.jpg   Help with power brake conversion on 1st gen, ATS clutch bracket still works right?-nemc.jpg   Help with power brake conversion on 1st gen, ATS clutch bracket still works right?-newmc2.jpg  
Old 01-09-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok nevermind i am missing some brackets to make them work. These will make it bolt right in though and the ATS bracket should work with it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/67-69...Q5fAccessories

Quick Reply: Help with power brake conversion on 1st gen, ATS clutch bracket still works right?