Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 Z-VETTE Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 Z-VETTE Build thread

Sup everyone, thought Id post my build thread on here also. Im building a 1973 240z with an LS3 for daily/auto cross driving. Im running a t56 from an 2002 Camaro, stand alone harness from GM, headers are Sanderson. We had to make all the mounts from scratch to get it to fit in the engine bay. I ran -6 braided line from the tank to the motor and back. I went with 6 piston wilwood calipers in the front and 4 piston in the rear with 13 and 12 inch rotors, put the proportioning valve inside for easy adjustment. Heres a few pics. For the complete thread click here http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=150869

Plenty more to come. After i got the motor in it i drove it for 2 months to work and school, loving the power, no traction till i get to 5th gear. After that i brought it back into my garage and started taking it apart for the brakes and suspension, thats where its sitting right now waiting for parts and new wheels. Soon it will be back on the road.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Damn, this is a nice build!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Well done. Looks great!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice job! My friend is doing a VH swap into his Z. A 350hp manual Z would be such a nice little rocket!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ness89

I was scared because I thought your car was going to be lost to a black hole in the first shot (pass side wiper), then I realized your plate was there.

How is that battery working for you? I've been using one of those in a fair weather project for about 5 years without issue, but there are no accessories or electronics in the car. I've always been curious if I could run one in a car with full electronics on a daily basis.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOVE IT. I'm looking at a '78 280Z with a SBC / th350 in it right now. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up and stuff the LS1 that I have sitting in my garage into it. -side note- i've been watching this on hybridz.org also. great build man!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Banned

Very nice. I really like your battery tray.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Thanks everyone for the possitive coments!

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
I was scared because I thought your car was going to be lost to a black hole in the first shot (pass side wiper), then I realized your plate was there.

How is that battery working for you? I've been using one of those in a fair weather project for about 5 years without issue, but there are no accessories or electronics in the car. I've always been curious if I could run one in a car with full electronics on a daily basis.
lol! This battery so far has been awsome, cranks and starts the car right away and works perfect at night time with the headlights on and the interior light running. I checked it at school with a Vat 40 and voltage at 2000 RPM was like 14v, so for its size its got more that enough power. Of course im not going to be running any sort of stereo in this car, no 12inch subs in the back for me.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gofastwclass

Should the battery really matter, since the alternator runs all of the accessories? All that matters is the battery starts the car.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Alright guys, i finally got the last parts for my car. After receiving the billet stub axles ive been waiting for for 2 months i installed the CV shafts and bolted up the last of the brakes. We went to go bleed the brakes but ran out of brake fluid in middle of the process, so we had to call it a night and continue in the moorning.
After getting the brakes bled the next day and dialing in the proportioning valve, we went on a "test" drive around town. Runs and feels awsome, needs a tune now and some reinforcements. Heres a few new pics.

Quick Reply: LS3 Z-VETTE Build thread