Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on modified oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advice on modified oil pan

Finished my pan up today. The pan has to be this way. My drag link goes in the void you see, and there's no (safe) way to get around this issue. Capacity (not including filter) is right at 5 quarts so no major worries there.

My only issue is the cliff at the front of the pan where it's clearanced upwards about 1/2" for the drag link.

Will this ruin the way the pan drains back into its sump?

Should I modify the pan further by making a drain from right in front of the cliff and directing it down into the bottom of the sump. I've already got way too much money into this thing after buying a brand new pan, materials, welding etc.

My buddies seem to think it will be a non issue but I would like advice from some of you more experienced guys.
Attached Thumbnails Advice on modified oil pan-0112001833.jpg  
Old 01-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathan_ed3
Finished my pan up today. The pan has to be this way. My drag link goes in the void you see, and there's no (safe) way to get around this issue. Capacity (not including filter) is right at 5 quarts so no major worries there.

My only issue is the cliff at the front of the pan where it's clearanced upwards about 1/2" for the drag link.

Will this ruin the way the pan drains back into its sump?

Should I modify the pan further by making a drain from right in front of the cliff and directing it down into the bottom of the sump. I've already got way too much money into this thing after buying a brand new pan, materials, welding etc.

My buddies seem to think it will be a non issue but I would like advice from some of you more experienced guys.
That part will just fill up with oil until it spills over. Don't worry about it.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Add a qt, and when the excess is in the ft cavity, you'll still have about 5 available to the pump....

Quick Reply: Advice on modified oil pan