Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring help needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring help needed

After reading everyones threads on how they removed there wires i decided while the cars down i would try to tackle the job. Everything has gone great so far other than a few mess up's, so i thought i would ask a couple questions before i did actually make a big mistake. Here is a list of the wires i have removed so far:
ac
cruise control
radio with amp
hvac
4l60e wiring
egr
horn
curtisy lights
traction control
fog lights
shift interlock
air bags
anti theft
windsheild wiper
The car will be a track car with some occasional street driving. Im currently going from a nitrous car to a turbo car and decided while waiting on parts id put the car on a diet, plus i can have all the wiring like i want it so it dont look like a rats nest. Ok on to the questions, today i was pulling wires and wasnt paying attention and i cut the light green and black wire (vss lo) and really not sure what to do. Its a close cut on the red side of the pcm and if i can just figure a way to pull the plastic contecting box that the wires run into off i might can salvage it, has anyone pulled it apart? What all does the evap canister vent and purge solenoid control and can it be removed? Next question would be that if i still have my stock abs unit and i cut wires from my traction control what effect will it have besides not having abs at all? Other than the fact that if i was to stand on the brakes and it just lock up instead of pulse like abs should would i loose any other brake functions? The yellow and black wire that runs from the starter relay (Vehicle Anti-Theft System Starter Enable Relay Output - Coil) if i was to cut the wire from c101 could i just ground that wire to get the motor to start?

Thanks

Josh