Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Body Interchangability??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throttle Body Interchangability??

In lieu of recent problems other car companies have been having with electronic throttle bodies I have decided against using the DBW that came with my engine and want to use a mechanical one. The engine I have is out of a 2004 Tahoe 5.3L iron block (I am unsure of the actual "L" code). As stated I would like to take the electronic TB off and use a mechanical one. I can't seem to find a thread with what TB's from what cars/trucks will mount up other cars and trucks. Speartech's web site shows that the LS2 90mm can be mounted to any intake but it looks like the LS2 has 4 perimeter bolts around the TB opening and the 03-05 trucks have 2 bolts below the opening and just one at about the 11o'clock position inside the TB opening.
Are there adapter plates?
Drill and tap the intake?
How does this all work?
Are there mechanical TBs that are about the same diameter of the electronic?
Will I have to do anything with my computer to not use the DBW? (it is a TAC module wiring harness)
Anything else I need to know for the switch?

I apologize in advance if this subject has already been discussed at length but I have not been able to find the info. I am looking for as of yet. Again I am looking to go from 2004 electronic to some older mechanical TB. Also if any of the mechanical ones are better/worse that the others, that advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mike