Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help with engine and transmission selection for ls swap in fox mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need some help with engine and transmission selection for ls swap in fox mustang

I have been looking at getting a 6.0 complete pull out from a 06-08 chevy or gm truck. I will be getting the complete engine with all accessories, the cpu and the 4l80e transmission. Are the 6.0s in these trucks drive by wire or cable activated throttle body? If they are drive by wire can I swap it to cable operated tb or will taht be a problem with the cpu out of that year vehicle? Or could I just have something added to the harness thats built to use the drive by wire TB? IS there any other things I need to watch for on the later 6.0s ? I havent bought the engine and trans yet but I plan on getting it in the next few days some just trying to cover all bases. Also if any one has input on what headers to use let me know. I was planning on using 351 headers and welding on the ls1 flanges.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say put a ford motor and trans in it lol. Do a stroked 302 or 351 base block. Or a 03 04 cobra engine and swap. Imo.