Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G-Body C5 Vette Frt Brakes w/ Blazer ZQ8 Spindles (w/ drawing)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Aspire
I Scored some 98 Blazer Spindles with hubs and dust shields over the weekend at the bone yard. 89 bucks for the pair.

The wheel sensors were missing from the hubs so I will need to plug that hole but more so hoping the hub bearings are in good shape so I can avoid spending 150 bucks each for new ones.

No way to tell as its a non serviceable assembly.. Seems to spin freely without any grinding or play in them..

What are you guys using for brake hoses and retaining hardware? Is there a Generic part/part number? Or are you guys using the vendors mentioned in this thread for the hoses to the calipers?
I bought a brand new set of hubs with 1 year warranty for $80 shipped to my door, i wouldnt trust used ones, especially if they have been sitting in the yard with the holes exposed
Old 05-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LSCustoms
I bought a brand new set of hubs with 1 year warranty for $80 shipped to my door, i wouldnt trust used ones, especially if they have been sitting in the yard with the holes exposed
For 80 bucks? for a pair? Where? The originals were timkin which is what I based my finding on and there are moogs for around the same price I stated but I havent seen any not even aftermarket for that cheap.

Still looking for an answer on the brake hose/retainers used question if any one has part numbers.

Thanks
Old 05-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Launching!

Nevermind.. I should have known.. Fleabay right?

At least thats where I see them for this price shipped..

Up to the top for Brake line part# retainers..

Thanks
Old 05-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Nevermind.. I should have known.. Fleabay right?

At least thats where I see them for this price shipped..

Up to the top for Brake line part# retainers..

Thanks
sorry yes, ebay, i couldnt find the timkens for a good price and i didnt mind trying these due to the one year warranty if they dont last, then ill pay more for the timkens, i have to set the car on the ground, so needed some fast. as far as the brake lines, all my stuff is Kore3... they made some spec to my application for a good price, front and rear... i have c6 zo6 brakes all the way around and a ford 9" in the rear, all of my brackets/hardware and lines are Kore3

i have a set of c5/c6 pabs for sale along with ls1 calipers, the pabs are new, the ls1 front calipers are used, if interested shoot me a pm...
Old 05-23-2012, 02:08 AM
Launching!

Thanks,

I have the C5 vette Calipers and pads..

I must admit at first I didnt get what Pabs are..

First thought was Pabst as in Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer..

Then I figured out it was a keystroke error.. Unless I'm missing out on some new acronym.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:54 AM
Launching!

Thanks,

I have the C5 vette Calipers and pads..

I must admit at first I didnt get what Pabs are..

First thought was Pabst as in Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer..

Then I figured out it was a keystroke error.. Unless I'm missing out on some new acronym.
cool, looks like you have it covered, but PAB= Pad Abutment Bracket, which can be used with either the ls1 or the c5/c6 vette caliper
Old 05-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Launching!

cool, looks like you have it covered, but PAB= Pad Abutment Bracket, which can be used with either the ls1 or the c5/c6 vette caliper
Ahhhh See there I learned something new, Thanks! Glad I left the door open a crack for the possibility of learning a new acronym

I dont have the PABS.. What are you asking for them?
Old 03-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Monte_LS3
Its been a while, but finally got the front spindles w/ C5 brake components installed on the Monte.

Gave up waiting for Yr 1 to release 17" N90 wheels and bought Street Lites and Nittos on sale from the Driverz boys in CA. Wheels are 17 x 8's w/ 4.75" backspace on all 4. For caliper clearance, currently using .25" thick wheel spacers (but may go to .38 or even .5 for the fronts, there is only .12 clearance between caliper face and inside of wheel spokes). The thick wheel flange and spacer dictated longer 2.5" lg ARP studs. The "as cast" wheel spacers are surprisingly flat and only measured .004 TIR runout indicating on the rotor surface.

The 255/45 ZR17's rears may need a small spacer as there is currently 1/8-3/16 clearance between tire and frame rails.

The center caps are out for powder coating, and maybe the lug nuts as well.

Will post up finished pics when caps are received... now to do something about the 10-bolt rear....I think it is not long for the world and may be making noise already.
Been researching your posts. I'm doing a brake upgrade on 86 SS Monte. I have ordered a Billet Specialties Street Lite 17"x8" w/ 4.5 backspace. Have not got it all together yet. I've got ZO6 calipers frt and rear. You had talked about using different size spacers. Just wondering what your final outcome was. Your pics look great with the wheels. At one time I had 17"x8" w/ 275/40ZR17 but was running factory brakes frt and rear ( bummer)
Old 03-27-2014, 11:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a 99 blazer as my first car. I miss it daily.

For those looking to get a little lower, there are Belltech 2" drop spindles that don't negatively impact the geometry of the suspension and move the wheel out about 1/2". They're a bit more expensive than used blazer spindles, but I think the unaffected ride quality is worth it. I had them with 1" drop springs and liked the ride. Also doesn't require drop shocks.

I would also recommend the Timken wheel bearings. Yes, they're more expensive, but I have not heard ONE good experience about the cheap chinese bearings. They tend to fail QUICKLY. It's a simple swap, but buying parts more than once just seems silly.
Old 08-02-2023, 09:05 AM

Default Wondering!?

Originally Posted by Monte_LS3
This adapter is designed to use stock Corvette C5 rotors, calipers, abutment brackets, and pads. The rotors are 325mm (12.8") dia.

To go w/ a bigger rotor (Vette Z51 or C6 components, etc) the adapter bracket would have to be re-designed. (The 3mm centerline dimension would increase)

17" wheels (minimum) are required to clear the C5 Vette calipers, and going to bigger rotors might require even larger wheels. For G-body fenderwells, 17" wheels are the largest I want to attempt.

Sorry I know this is an old post. Did you need any hub shims at all to get the rotor centered?
Old 08-02-2023, 09:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,019 Likes on 2,350 Posts

Originally Posted by Parellos_Jalopy
Sorry I know this is an old post. Did you need any hub shims at all to get the rotor centered?
Monte LS3 hasn't been here for over 2 years.
The dangers of quoting ancient posts.....
The following users liked this post:
Parellos_Jalopy (08-02-2023)

Quick Reply: G-Body C5 Vette Frt Brakes w/ Blazer ZQ8 Spindles (w/ drawing)