Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox questions/discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fox questions/discussion

Finally have seen the light and sold off all my SBF stuff and am back to the drawing board for engine and transmission. I have been reading a lot about the L92 stuff and have been considering going with an LY6 T-56 combo and having the heads worked over a bit and getting a better cam. The VVT stuff is still abit confusing so I'm undecided on keeping it or not. Also under consideration is the new McLeod transmission but they can't return a phone call worth a damn.

The car is a 1981 fox and already has torque boxes welded up, subframe connectors, a heavily built up 8.8 and decent rear suspension, aside from stange adjustables the front end is stock.

Goal is to make as much power as possible while maintaining decent street manners. Drive it to the track, run mid 10s, drive it back, thats the minimum I'll be happy with.

Ideas? Feedback, criticism, advice on where to get a low mileage LY6?

please chime in.

thanks
Old 03-06-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

check into Tick performance on the tranny. They are a sponsor on here and have great customer service.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the tip, at what point is a T-56 not enough and a Viper spec used instead?

Matt
Old 03-07-2010, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

Default Tilton Mastercylinder like Tick uses

The issue will be the clutch mechanical linkage. camaro t56 is hydraulic. You can ask D&D about keeping it mechanical like the 04 cobra has and change out the midplate or do like I did and take out your pedal assembly and modify it to fit a tilton hydraulic master cylinder. Tick has this setup for camaro and corvette. Thats where I got the idea. buy the tilton kit from Summitracing for 100 buck though.

http://www.tick-performance.com/

see how they made a bracket for the firewall mounting for camaro and vette.
Thats all you have to do on the mustang firewall.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TIL-75-750U/
Use a short master cylinder that wont stick out too far where the headers will run. I used one like this.
Rich
Old 03-07-2010, 09:39 AM
Staging Lane

Seems like a good way to go for the transmission for sure. Still debating back and forth between LY6 and L92 engines. Problem is none of the places around here have these kind of engines and when they do get something decent in the people who work there ****** it up. Where are you guys finding low mileage pullouts for a reasonable price?

Matt
Old 03-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Or was the question indiscreet.....

Quick Reply: Fox questions/discussion