Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I need to move my Alt for my swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I need to move my Alt for my swap

Like it says I am doing and LS1 swap into a 69 Nova and just wanted to know before I go and try to drop the motor in in about 2 weeks. Do I need to either buy special motor mounts so I dont have to knotch the frame or move the Alt. The motor I have is a 99 Camaro Z28 engine and like you all know the Alt. sits on the lower driver side and I have read some post that say you have to move the Alt. Others say notch the frame and some make it work. Well I am trying to be that guy who makes it work. I just need to know is there a special set of motor mounts i need to make the engine sit higher. Or is it not an issue either way. Please some one help me out on this.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alt brackets

I also used a 99 LS1. Eliminated the ps pump and made a simple bracket to move the alt high on the same side. NAPA has any length belt to fit. Let me know if you need details of this set-up.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats my problem I am actually trying to keep my Power stre. Yeah I know I dont really need it I just want to keep it for times like when I go to car shows and dont wanna have to crank the wheel 1000 times to fit in a tight spot. Do you know if there is a company that makes hign mounts to keep them both right where they are at. And please if there is anyone out there that knows the answer to this please i need the info and help with this issue.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

truck accessories work w/ a slight modification to the alt/ps bracket and ps pump