Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel rail on ls1 for a 69 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 01:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question fuel rail on ls1 for a 69 camaro

hey i have read that i need a covette fuel rail for my ls1 swap becuz i need the return line is this true an what fuel rail could i use are would i have to have one modif. to work on my car?
thanks jason
Old 03-12-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

97-98 corvette rails were the only return style rails for the car intakes

I really makes no difference, returnless systems are just as simple and reliable especially since the readily available corvette filter (99+) has a built in regulator. Connector feed and return to the rear and one feed forward to the rail

Several companies make pretty AN fittings for the swap, but you can do the same with Dorman line repair kits for pennies on the dollar compared to the AN stuff
Old 03-12-2010, 04:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As Pocket said. they were only used on the Gen III engines for those years.. but the can be used on any year if you want to complete the system with a complete return line from the fuel rail to the tank.

There are a few pro's and con's for using both Returnless and return fuel rails.. but for 90% of us.. either will work.

2 notes..
- A returnless system is cheaper and easier to install if you don't already have a return line install.
- Some say that the fuel stays cooler before being injected with a return system.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pocket

I really makes no difference, returnless systems are just as simple and reliable especially since the readily available corvette filter (99+) has a built in regulator. Connector feed and return to the rear and one feed forward to the rail

Several companies make pretty AN fittings for the swap, but you can do the same with Dorman line repair kits for pennies on the dollar compared to the AN stuff
I am not familiar with these dorman fittings. Does anyone have a detail of how these work/connect and where to buy them? I am all for saving $$
Old 03-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by billsnogo
I am not familiar with these dorman fittings. Does anyone have a detail of how these work/connect and where to buy them? I am all for saving $$
I got the dorman part # in my shop. It is for a 12" line with the hump on both ends, I just cut it in 1/2 and now have a spare. I too am using the Corvette Filter/pressure regulator.
I'll post the # in a little bit.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:15 AM
Teching In

Dormanproducts.com for their catalog. In the repair end business, Dorman is on the more expensive side of the equation. FMSI offers the same products, and they are made in Canada/USA. They are more cost effective than Dorman, for what that is worth. I plan on using quick connect fittings. Most parts stores carry either brand. PM me if you need part#s.

And no I have no direct compensation from FMSI to talk about their product. Just a diffrent alternative
Old 03-13-2010, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pocket

so i can use the 97 98 corvette rail then? i will be runin the fast 92mm intake. an are u talking bot takin a 99 an putin fittings on it to bolt up to my motor?
Old 03-13-2010, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ATAK, Inc.
I got the dorman part # in my shop. It is for a 12" line with the hump on both ends, I just cut it in 1/2 and now have a spare. I too am using the Corvette Filter/pressure regulator.
I'll post the # in a little bit.
hey bud could u get tho numbers for me an could u send me some pics of it some i could see what it looked like. thanks man my email is camaross1969blackwh@yahoo.com if u dont care to send me the pics
Old 03-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 69blackwhss
hey bud could u get tho numbers for me an could u send me some pics of it some i could see what it looked like. thanks man my email is camaross1969blackwh@yahoo.com if u dont care to send me the pics
Email sent with pic.

The part in question is Dorman #800-155, double bead fuel line, 3/8"x12". I just cut it in 1/2 and have a spare.

Quick Reply: fuel rail on ls1 for a 69 camaro