Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is there any safety hazard on braided brake lines vs. hard brake lines???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 07:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default is there any safety hazard on braided brake lines vs. hard brake lines???

i have about a 60in hard brake line that i'm replacing in my engine bay that goes from master brake cylinder to a junction box on the other passenger side of the wheel well...i went to autozone to buy the hard line...but they had to special order for monday...while i was searching...i searched for braided lines...apparently summitracing carries a couple of 60" braided lines...i want to get it for ease of installation vs having to bend the hardlines...but my worries are that they are too long and mite not function as well as hardlines???

is it ok or not ok to use such a long braided brake line???safety is #1 concern here since i don't want to one day step on the brake and the car ain't slowing down!!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:40 PM
TECH Regular

use the hard line to keep it in place vs braided line floppin around everywhere
Old 03-13-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

well...i was gonna use clamps to secure it anyway...but if safety is compromise...i'd prob go hardline...
Old 03-13-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Better to use hard line as much as possible. From a safety stand point and even just brake feel. Even w/ the steel mesh around the hose it still does "balloon"... just not as much as straight rubber hose.

Quick Reply: is there any safety hazard on braided brake lines vs. hard brake lines???