Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock LSx headers and mount plates?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock LSx headers and mount plates?

Since nobody seems to have used the first gen F-Body parts I'm going more genereic.
Anyone have experience with these on any vehicle, and how did you like them? Comments please
Old 03-18-2010, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

I had really good results with the Edelbrock set up in my '72 Chevelle ' vert. The kit is very well made and packaged and everything fit well given the fact that there are many variables in a 30+ year old car that you are installing a non stock motor, so some issues may show up.

The only problem I had was the header coating was peeling and I had them recoated once and that didn't correct it so they warrantied them and I got another set and they were fine.

I would also say that if the sound level could be an issue for you, you may want to check it out and listen to them.
Attached Thumbnails Edelbrock LSx headers and mount plates?-p1010272-2-.jpg   Edelbrock LSx headers and mount plates?-p1010307-2-.jpg   Edelbrock LSx headers and mount plates?-p1010371.jpg  
Old 03-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

So you're saying the edelbrock mufflers are pretty loud? I'd be putting them on a hardtop, do you think that would make a difference? I'm not looking for anything too loud, I'd like to be able to take the car on road trips and I know how a loud car can get old after a couple hrs.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

They would definitely be louder in a coupe than my 'vert because of the roof, so depending on your age and your use of the car, I would definitly make sure you're ok with them. They also have different series of mufflers available so maybe you could get them with a quieter series.

As I get older, I don't like them as loud as I did when I was younger. When I was in high school, I would drive my open header big block El Camino to school and loved every minute of it!!
Old 03-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks. I'll have to see if I can get them with a not so performance sounding muffler.

Anyone else have any experience with these?

Quick Reply: Edelbrock LSx headers and mount plates?