Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring harness A Body firewall entry point

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring harness A Body firewall entry point

I am currently wiring my 67 Chevelle, the question I have is where did you guys enter the interior from the engine compartment with the engine harness. I have a painted firewall and am mounting the ECM and trans controller in the car under the dash. I would really like to see some ideas and pics if possible before drilling any holes. I am **** and like things to look neat. Oh I also am using the factory harness for the LS2. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did mine directly behind and center of the engine, as my PCM is mounted on the Trans Tunnel, I just unwrapped the harness, moved everything around and re-wrapped it so that it tuck in and go directly into the firewall.

You will need to drill a larger enough hole for the PCM connectors to to fit through. I can not see my harness since it is behind the engine and my Cowl Induction Air Box hides it anyway.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My PCM is also in the glove box area. I have a heater block off plate with a round notch on one side. Pushed the big connectors through the heater opening and then slid the block off plate over the opening capturing the harness with a bushing. Ends up looking like a 1 inch bushed hole when installed. All wires were long enough except for the fan wires. (99 Camaro harness including modified underhood fuse/relay panel moved inside). There is also a company called Seal-It that makes fancy but expensive gromets including split style.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is not a very good pic ,but maybe will give you an idea what I did.
Like BCZEE said go thru directly behind engine, unwrapped harness, and
put PCM above glove box.
I should have went thru about an inch lower, my vacuum port on the
back of my intake is a little too close.

Hope this helps,

Quick Reply: Wiring harness A Body firewall entry point