Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel system arrived, tough time with the fittings...

Old 04-17-2010, 11:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel system arrived, tough time with the fittings...

Well my fuel system just arrived, so I started messing with some of the fittings. I am using a 'Tanks Inc' in-tank fuel pump kit, with Russel fittings and the vette FPR.

Somehow I am having problems with the 'Tanks Inc' 1/4" NPT fitting working my my Russel 1/4" NPT to -6AN fitting. Do the Russel fittings usually go in pretty rough? I had to put the 'Tanks Inc' fitting into the vice and use a long wrench to get it to go in a short distance. It's not bottoming out by a long shot. Yanked it out, some of the blue deep in the threads of the AN fitting is rubbed off, but there are no shavings anywhere. None of the fittings (Four of them) have burs or anything on them.

Do they really just require that much effort? I didn't even have sealer on the threads.

Yet another dumb thread by me, thanks for reading!

My box of goodies (Fuel pump assembly is in another box)

Old 04-18-2010, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

I didnt have a problem with the fittings but I am not using the "tanks in" fitting, how ever, I did have a problem with the quick connect fitting that is going to slip into the oem fuel rail line, after driving my swap over 1000 miles it snapped off on day, I just slipped it back on the line and hasnt come off again? I remember seeing post somewhere about that problem... just so you know
Old 04-18-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pipe threads are tapered, so they should get snug when they are tight.

But all of the Russel stuff I have used start out smooth.

Are you sure you got the right part? AN male threads are straight cut. Maybe they put the wrong part in the box.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like to run a tap in my NPT stuff before I put it together. It needs sealer or it will gall the threads

Tim
Old 04-18-2010, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fptransport
I didnt have a problem with the fittings but I am not using the "tanks in" fitting, how ever, I did have a problem with the quick connect fitting that is going to slip into the oem fuel rail line, after driving my swap over 1000 miles it snapped off on day, I just slipped it back on the line and hasnt come off again? I remember seeing post somewhere about that problem... just so you know
Yeah, I've read about people with that problem. I was going to run the FPR in the trunk, but I think I'll run the hoses outside first then to the FPR just in case.

I'll try out the thread chase and see how that works. Still need to buy some assembly lube for the other fittings anyway. Thanks for the responses!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel system arrived, tough time with the fittings...