Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accessory, Mounts, and computer questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Accessory, Mounts, and computer questions

So I know fbody accessories are needed to fo the lt1-ls1 swap. Just wondering which accessories are able to be re-used (if at all) from a 5.3 engine? I konw the waterpump is swappable (i think?), but what about the others? Finding a power steering pump is insanely hard AND stupid expensive.... I've tried searching, and google, but couldnt find anything.

I saw someone posted that they kept their stock lt1 engine using adapter plates and mounts. Just wondering who it was and where they are from??

Have a 98 harness being converted, do I HAVE to use a 98 only computer or can I use something other then that. If so would ANY computer work???
Old 04-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Launching!

dont think you can use anything from the truck 5.3. the crank pulley is offset diff than the f body so you will have to use all f body parts i think. as far as the computer i think you have to use the 98 computer with a 98 harness unless something is changed in the harness to work with the 99-02 computer. but i am not sure on what it is that is diff...maybe someone else will chime in...
Old 04-23-2010, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everything needs to be changed, the truck stuff sticks out further, im using a truck harness (2001) with a 99 f-body pcm, most stuff seems the same on them, some wires are differenct colours but no biggy.

Jay
Old 04-23-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

i'm doing the same thing also using 98 harness and pcm, you'll need all the f-body acc. as stated.