Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a noobs 5.3 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default a noobs 5.3 turbo

Ok Finally got my direction with this 5.3 im doing, Im a noob on these motors and this will be my first ls. Just wanted some feed back and to see if im off on anything.

Heres the plan,

Its goin in a 64 Chevy II post
Picked up a 2002 5.3 w 75000ish miles from a roll over.
i put an ls1 intake on it and fabbed dbw tb to work and fabbed the waterpump to clear. thats all set. what my goal is now is to do a zo6 cam and a 70mm turbo on it. Im kinda lost on the years of the cam though, there is some varience on the bolt system on the front? Searched for a long time and came up short.
also gonna use zo6 springs. Right now have 706 heads that came on the motor and am having the valves opend up to 2.00 right now and was planning on some mild bowl work just because i have them off and am pretty good with a die grinder .. But i came across a few things that are making me confused. See i had this brain storm to do the head work then toss those heads on my truck (2003 6.0l) to bump the comp on it, then take the truck 6.0 heads (317) and use them for the 5.3 to drop the comp a little. Is there really anything to gain by doing this? Is it better to run low comp and more boost or medium comp and medium boost? i still want it to make power in the 2000-3000 range. Im looking to do a daily driver with low boost near 400hp. I think its pretty feezable. Oh and what Injectors do you guys reccomend? will the stock f bodys work or should i find some bigger ford ones. I also love to use stock parts from other vehicles. Im not cheap, i just like the versatility and changeability of it.
PS im in the air for a trans right now, i have a 350 and a t5 but i kinda want an over drive. the th350 has a 3000 stall on it from my 327 i currently have, may just use that.