Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some wiring help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 05:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some wiring help!!

I have a 99 Camaro V6, that I swapped a 99 LS1 into. The engine fires right up, however I have no gauges. I've tried both the LS1 cluster and the V6 cluster. No SES light, airbag light, nada. I'm currently using the V6 BCM and LS1 PCM. I plugged in HPT and had no data other than DTC's. Anyone have guidance on where to start?
Old 05-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

May sound dumb, but have you checked the Gauges fuse on the drivers side of the dash Fuse 9??? Sounds like the cluster is not getting power.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Vegas
I have a 99 Camaro V6, that I swapped a 99 LS1 into. The engine fires right up, however I have no gauges. I've tried both the LS1 cluster and the V6 cluster. No SES light, airbag light, nada. I'm currently using the V6 BCM and LS1 PCM. I plugged in HPT and had no data other than DTC's. Anyone have guidance on where to start?
Verify the data ground is separate from the main harness grounds, and has good metal contact. Your class-2 serial bus isn't working and I'm assuming you have the data side wired right.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

I'll check the fuse, but I was under the impression that the car would not start without the fuse for the gauges? My 2000 V6 Firebird would not start with that fuse removed.

I'lll also double check the grounds. We didn't really change anything on the wiring. We just followed the directions given here regarding jumping the one injector wire, which I doubt would cause this issue.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:50 AM
10 Second Club

We have gauges! It was the PWR ACCY 15amp fuse in the dash block. I didn't have HP Tuners with me to verify a data connection though. However, the tach still doesn't work. When I start the engine, the tach sweeps the full gauge like a Corvette, then goes back to the bottom and never moves.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:58 AM
10 Second Club

Have data communication. HP tuners does everything it's supposed to do. Still no tach on the dash....

Quick Reply: Need some wiring help!!