Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S10 oil pan LS1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 06:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default S10 oil pan LS1 swap

Summarized, have had a LS1 in my truck for the last 4-5 years and when running truck ran great. Bearing issues have wiped out motor twice. Similar failure both times. Only common parts in the destruction is the block (it was checked and shop said it was AOK) and the pan. Everything else internally was replaced or checked out. Not sure what the source of the failures have been but I can say this. Not using that block again and really want to swap that pan out as well. The pan is a cut down 2002 truck pan. Pan does weep alittle along the welds which I had checked out a couple of times and just can't get it to stop, plus I'm wondering if maybe something with the pan and pickup setup is causing this as well.

Thus, I ask what are you guys using for pans these days? When I first did my swap 4-5 years ago, there wasn't much out there on the market. You basically had the factory pans for the fbody, trucks, and C5 and that was it. Didn't want to notch the crossmember so much for the fbody pan, but now somewhat considering cutting out the crossmember and reworking part of that. Just to give you guys an idea of how long ago I did the swap, for mount plates I am running some of the old Lee's High Tech Trucks mounts if you guys know of / remember him. Links would be helpful guys. Thanks

Jason
Old 05-20-2010, 06:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also try over at s10forum.com lots of other info if you need it.

This is a Hummer pan

GM Partsdirect has them

Pan: 12600497 $117.00
Pickup: 12608593 $28.00
Tube: 12590590 $10.00
Dipstick: 12580811 $$9.00
Old 05-20-2010, 06:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Ls2 vette pan. It was spendy but it offers the best ground clearance and you can retain a full capacity pan and pick-up that you dont have to cut and alter. Im lowered a ways and I didnt want to deal with any of the other pan that hung below the corssmember and I didnt want to have to cut something down. cheap insurance.

Quick Reply: S10 oil pan LS1 swap