Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with 6.0L in 2nd Gen Camaro

Old 05-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 6.0L in 2nd Gen Camaro

Hey guys i'm trying to get an idea on what to put in a 6.0L for my 71 Z28. Been doing alot of looking around on here. I'd like this to be a street performance motor.Looking for torque more than all out hp. I have a old school 406 small block now that i took out of the car. Had a roller cam, big afr heads and high stall converter and 4.10 gears. Looking to make the car more of a driver. I'm going to do this as a carb motor now becasue i have a fuel system and 750hp holley carb that are pretty much new. May upgrade in the years to f/i. What would be the best intake to get for street use? I'm going to replace my 350 turbo with a 700r4 and the 4.10 gears with probably 3.73's. Would i be better with a lq4 or lq9 motor? I'd like to have alum heads on a budget if possible. Just going to do a mild port job to them and replace the cam with a little bigger one for good street manners. Any ideas on cam and intake?? I know i will need a f-body oil pan for my chassis. What mounts would be good to use that will drop right in? Are the transdapt plates good to use? I already have the good energy suspension motor mounts, just need to get the adapter plates for the LS. I have no a/c so i guess i would use a drive belt set-up from a fbody without a/c? Any other ideas or info would be great. Thanks
Old 05-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put together an LS2 with AFR 205 heads, a comp 230/232 .580/.590 114 degree cam and a fast 90 intake. It runs great and is a blast to drive, it has a nice lope and pulls easily from idle. The AFR heads aren't cheap and neither is the fast intake. The L92 heads make good power but you'll need to upgrade the springs for the higher lift cams. I haven't had it dyno'd but it should be making between 450 - 500 rwhp. The stock GM intakes are good, better when ported, except for the LS2 intake. I used the Edelbrock mounts and SS headers, direct fit with no mods. The f-body without a/c or the Corvette serpentine system will work with no mods. If you add a/c later you'll need a relocation bracket for the f-body none for the Corvette. The LS2 serpentine won't work because the a/c compressor will hit the frame and the alternator will hit the pitman arm. Hope that helps,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help with 6.0L in 2nd Gen Camaro