Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dads 67..new tech. into old car? HELP!

Old 05-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dads 67..new tech. into old car? HELP!

Hey techies...my Dad passed away a year ago next month, I have since put his, now mine, 67 Camaro in the paint shop. I think I may have finally decided to go LS. Im thinking something clean, simple, reliable, and fun. I can get 6.0s attatched to 4L60's all day under 50k for $2960. Im hoping thats a good deal? Anyway heres the real conundrum...I need to know EVERYTHING that will be required. I guess this is another "LS into 1st gen" thread. Sorry to start one up, but I want my pops car the way I think he'd like it. I know the mounts, headers are different. So gurus, I need to know how to do it two ways..ONE: keeping it injected, what and how should I do the harness, and controllers for the engine and trans, TWO: if I go carb'd, what all do I need besides the MSD 6010 box as far as getting the ignition and firing capabilities running? Im not familiar on what all the 6LS controls? Info is much appreciated guys. Thanks. Hope to get a good threasd out of this.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Resident

Welcome, sorry to here about your dad. There are plenty of first gen guys on here as well has 6.0 builds. EFI or Carb.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Launching!

my 67 camaro ls build up..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ap-thread.html

feel free to ask questions. pm me your email address and i'll send you a spread sheet with the parts and sources i used for the swap.. and keep it injected, you'll be glad you did!

plan on 6-7grand to do the swap

also 67rs/ss hada good thread on it as well

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...67-camaro.html

Search this Thread