Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help identify ports on intake and throttle body!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help identify ports on intake and throttle body!

So i'm in the finishing stages of my turbo 5.3 build in my s10 and trying to figure out what all these open ports are on my throttle body and intake manifold...

First picture is the port on the drivers side on the intake right behind the throttle body... What hooks up to this?
Name:  4.jpg
Views: 28444
Size:  80.4 KB

Second picture is on the drivers side on the TB/intake. the line coming off the steam vents from the heads, the hose that was on the line lead directly to the port on the throttle body, is this correct to hook the hose up there?
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 28403
Size:  66.8 KB

Third picture is a port coming off the throttle body, what does this hook up to?
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 24078
Size:  68.1 KB

Last picture has two ports that i need identified...
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 39345
Size:  78.2 KB

I also have yet to hook up my wastegate and BOV vacuum lines so if they can hook up to any of these open ports please let me know. This is my first LS conversion and the first time i've ever messed with turbo stuff so i'm getting to the point where i need the extra help....

Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-01-2010, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also i still need to figure out where to hook up my steam vent and which port it is the one for the steam vent? I'm more than likely going to be running a t fitting type deal in one of my radiator hoses from the website jagsthatrun....
Old 06-01-2010, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

First pic is EVAP solenoid port. Non-emissions swaps cap this

Second is the steam tube going through the TB. If you dont live in the arctic circle you can remove the short hose and cut the ports off the TB. After the first time you bust knuckles across them youll do it anyways. The steam tube needs to get plumbed into the cooling system somewhere. Do a search, theres tons of solutions

Pass intake/TB ports
Upper is metered air into the crank case. Pass side valve cover, front port
Lower on the intake is return. LS1 Fbody's have two ports, one on each valve cover with the inline PCV. Trucks have one port at the rear of the drivers valve cover at the PCV
Old 06-01-2010, 03:59 PM
9 Second Club/LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first one is the purge solenoid vacuum source--Cap it

The 2nd and 3rd are the steam vents you referred to. Just leave the in and out from the throttle body open. The part of the hose with the factroy squeeze clamp is where you attach the hose that will go to the jagsthatrun "T".

That will let you purge the air bubbles from the head, directly to the return of the radiator.

On the last picture, 1 is the vacuum source for the PCV system and 2 is the fresh air source for the PCV. You can either hookup the PCV hoses and use it as designed, or cap them and go to valve cover breathers.

91 Z28 LS2 408CI, LS9 Supercharger, LPE GT7 cam, Yank3000, 3450 raceweight.
Latest numbers: 9.71 ET, 141.42 MPH, 1.40 60' , 610 RWHP Mustang Dyno

www.speartech.com
Old 06-01-2010, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll be running a vented catch can setup with a -8 fitting coming out of both valvecovers into the catchcan so I'll be ditching the stock pcv setup....

Are any of these ports able to be used for my BOV or wastegate vacuum lines?

thanks for all the help so far btw!!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

You could with adapters to change the size. Teeing into the HVAC port near the MAP sensor is easier
Old 11-26-2014, 07:17 AM
Teching In

Default replace pcv system

So far this thread helped me alot. Can someone explain how the breather set up works? Do I put a breather on all, three ports on valve covers? I have two on passanger side ( front and back) and one on rear of driver side
Old 11-26-2014, 02:24 PM
TECH Addict

Breathers are a great way of oiling down your clean engine bay and not much else

Quick Reply: Help identify ports on intake and throttle body!