Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

63 belair ls conversion,supercharged!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 03:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome log manifold! What did you use to make the transition from the back two cylinders to the log?
Old 01-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you use for power steering hoses? And what steering box is in there. You going to have it at Back to the 50's again this year? I saw it last year, but you weren't around.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:23 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tsnow678
Awesome log manifold! What did you use to make the transition from the back two cylinders to the log?
the reducers are pipe reducers from NXP master Carr.co. industrial supply .the manifolds are steel not stainless I will have them coated when there done.

Originally Posted by Stormed_Norm
What did you use for power steering hoses? And what steering box is in there. You going to have it at Back to the 50's again this year? I saw it last year, but you weren't around.
no steering box.just a rack from a dodge intrepid.modified of coarse.the power steering lines were made at a hyd. Truck parts shop.the a.n.adapters came from street and performance.hope this helps.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:27 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98BuickGS
This is funny. I just spotted that supercharger forsale on craigslist today and then I come on here and click on this thread for the first time and wow theres that exact supercharger. Do you usually hit car craft? Id love to see this thing in person.
Last year is the first year that we missed car craft.went to brainered on the power cruise undress.we will be to both this year.hope to see ya at one.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by E.rodz
Last year is the first year that we missed car craft.went to brainered on the power cruise undress.we will be to both this year.hope to see ya at one.
We always try to make it to car craft. If I see this car ill make sure to stop by and say hi.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98BuickGS
We always try to make it to car craft. If I see this car ill make sure to stop by and say hi.
make sure to do that and you should bring your car to power cruise the weekend before.you won't regret it.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Regular

making a little progress almost doe with the easy part of the hot piping.next is the tough stuff.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

So frusterating new radiator is sapose to be 26x19.shows up 25x18 and the core is 1.5 narrower than the one that I was replacing.now have to exchange this one and get a bigger one.the p/s pulley is a p.o.s. and does not fit for &$@!. But cbm said they will give me 20$ back for my troubles if I choose to keep it and machine the belt.to make it fit. I really hate this part.

Real bugger on the radiator and pulley.

I liked the look of the pulley and was going to buy one for the current project but skip that. Too bad $20 won't cover the machining costs, they just need to make it right and be done or take it back.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
Real bugger on the radiator and pulley.

I liked the look of the pulley and was going to buy one for the current project but skip that. Too bad $20 won't cover the machining costs, they just need to make it right and be done or take it back.
20$ was a kick in the shorts.I can make it work luckily . but if it was my company I would have done everything I could to make things right and I would not lead people to believe that it is a direct replacement. stay tuned for more Belair evolution.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

Getting some work done on the hot piping.what a pain in the azz. Tight constrained area laying on the ground welding overhead. what could be better. Also working on the intercooler plans.hind side is easier to see when it is in your face.bought two inter coolers and I think I would have been better buying cores instead. ended up cutting both tanks off and going to have to make new ends for both stay tuned for more failure or success it could go either way.

Old 02-12-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Regular

Got a little more hot piping done today. hope to have the rest of the hot piping done this week.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:38 AM
TECH Addict

All I can say is, you must be one patient guy! Wow at all of the work that has went into just the hotside alone. The piping looks great and everything is symmetrical. Awesome job!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:51 AM
On The Tree

Legit work man, good build!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

All I can say is, you must be one patient guy! Wow at all of the work that has went into just the hotside alone. The piping looks great and everything is symmetrical. Awesome job!!!
Thanks I was in search of asymmetrical twins but this will have to do. I can't believe that nobody else make them except nelson racing. and the price was waayyy more than I could afford.

Originally Posted by StryfeS13
Legit work man, good build!
Thanks for the interest. hope to continue with the entertainment. I could either succeed or fail it could go either way.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

more hot side piping and welding.this sucks and I am sick of crawling around on the ground everything is so frickin tight in every direction I just hope nothing hits anywhere.hope to get my missing v band clamps and start cutting in the wastegates tomorrow.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Launching!

amazing as always!
Old 02-20-2012, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

this is what it looks like from below more piping to come.

Getting a bit closer hope to get the wastegates cut in and the o2 bosses welded on this week and then the cool side!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

OOOHHHHYYYAAAAAAA almost done with the hot piping!!! wastegates in and o2 bungs in just a couple of more welds to go.. I can not wait to get to the new core support.

only a couple of days left to fire this up.just a few more things to do .
design and fabricate new core support.
design and fabricate new gas tank.
fabricate new fuel lines and return lines.
fabricate all new brake lines.
replace tranny and shorten driveshaft.
is there anything that I am forgetting?????????????
Old 02-23-2012, 03:47 AM
TECH Addict

only a couple of days left to fire this up.just a few more things to do .

design and fabricate new core support.
design and fabricate new gas tank.
fabricate new fuel lines and return lines.
fabricate all new brake lines.
replace tranny and shorten driveshaft.
is there anything that I am forgetting?????????????
This list will get you through until Monday anyways!! Lol!! Car is looking great. Love the placement of the turbos. Wish I could pull off the "no inner fender" This car is going to fly when finished. Great job, keep up the work and the pics a coming.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:28 PM
TECH Regular

This list will get you through until Monday anyways!! Lol!! Car is looking great. Love the placement of the turbos. Wish I could pull off the "no inner fender" This car is going to fly when finished. Great job, keep up the work and the pics a coming.
Thanks for the compliments .I have had the inner fenders off because of the way the supercharger was run .after experiencing how nasty the motor bay gets.I will be fabricating new ones.stay tuned for more to come.

Quick Reply: 63 belair ls conversion,supercharged!