Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tach is off

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 12:16 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tach is off

I just LS1 swapped my 96 3.8 Camaro. The tach reading is not correct on the gauges. I had a Snap On Solus plugged into my car so I know the gauge is not reading right. Its the 120mph speedo. How do I adjust this to make it correct?
Old 06-05-2010, 09:04 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You will need to either adjust the tune to output like a 6 cyl. or buy a Dakota Digital SGI-8 signal converter to modify the signal appropriately.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

Have you used it before? Does it actually make the tach accurate? Is this an issue that HP Tuners can adjust? I am getting my car tuned for gears and getting some codes deleted.

Last edited by Rangersltw; 06-05-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Rangersltw
Have you used it before? Does it actually make the tach accurate? Is this an issue that HP Tuners can adjust? I am getting my car tuned for gears and getting some codes deleted.
You can go either way, it only matters what is right for you. I have been using one for 8 months + and it's as accurate as whatever factory tach you're using. If you have access to HPT (I didn't when I built the car) I would go that route since you are already in the tune, don't have to buy and wire in an additional module that isn't water resistant and won't have to find a location to house it.

I'm not sure if it can be modified in EFILive because I don't have that SW but it can be changed in HPT.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Staging Lane

Does having a V8 gauge cluster fix that since i still have the V6 one? Or would I have to get a Universal Tachometer Signal Interface to adjust it?

Quick Reply: tach is off