Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1810 Trans Valve fault and Intermittent alternator

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1810 Trans Valve fault and Intermittent alternator

I new to this forum, but was sent over here by some of the LS1 guys on 67-72chevytrucks.com. I just swapped a 4.8 Vortec (LSx) / 4l60e into my 67 c10 and got it running on Thursday. I have taken it on about 500 miles of test drives, with each drive getting progressively farther. Everything seems to be working fine except for the shift points seem low, the alternator intermittent prob, and the p1810 code.

Yesterday, I took it on a 300 mile trip over to Indianapolis and back and had the alternator seem to cut out at wide open throttle during acceleration and passing, usually around 3000 rpm.

As for the p1810, I got home and was backing it in to park at my fiance's apartment and had it idling in reverse with my foot on the brake while we were talking. I don't know know exactly how long it was, but it was around five minutes, then the check engine light came on. I had my scanner along just in case and got the p1810 code. I cleared it and unplugged the trans connector and plugged it back in and drove it 45 miles this morning. It seemed to have better shift timing and hasn't set the code again. I shut the truck off at a couple of stops I had to make, so the PCM has four "trips" of data.

Quick Reply: P1810 Trans Valve fault and Intermittent alternator