Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock 6706 swap plates ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Edelbrock 6706 swap plates ?'s

Anyone have a good picture of the Edelbrock Swap plates #6706, for the 1st gen F-Body and 3rd gen X-body (Nova).

Questions:
1) Are these are 1" setback. (pertty sure they are)
2) Does the installation/instruction say to mount with the extension side up or down (angled end).
3) Are the bolt holes for the Motor mount in alignement with the 4 engine holes (upper/lower). Or are they below/above the engine holes. And how by much (from what pictuers I have seen.. they seem a bit offset to below)?

Trying to figure out if I want these and if they would raise/lower the engine as compared to others 1" set back plates. I've see some that are in alignement and other that seem to be just above or below.. About to start mocking up my engine into the sub frame.

(just have a littel too much time here at work.)...

Last edited by bczee; 06-15-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Anyone ?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Edelbrock plates are offset by 3/8 inches to compensate for the thickness of the plate as I believe Hookers may be also. Without this offset the mounts are moved outward from each other causing misalingment in relationship between the two mounts. Drilling the offset engine mount bolt holes in the plate allows the mount pattern to be pulled back in to the correct thru bolt dimensions. Energy Suspension offers mounts that are slotted to help solve these issues along with any factory variance that may occur. Between the two you should be able to make this work without a problem.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Mantycarguy.. thanks for the information.. So the Motor mount are 3/8" lower on the plates (to the short egde of the plate). Yes that make sense to keep the correct thru bolt alignement.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock 6706 swap plates ?'s