Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I really need Help LS1 into 1968 camaro with T56

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I really need Help LS1 into 1968 camaro with T56

I am installing a 2004 LS1 and T56 out of a GTO into my 1968 camaro.
I need to know what parts will work best!!! I have researched and researched but I would like a clear cut answer and direction!!! I talked to the guys at car shop for there mounts, but what should I go with? regular or 1" set back. I know I need a differant oil pan But which one works the best and keeps a good volume of oil in the pan? Headers There are so many choices but I know I want longtube and at least an 1 3/4 primary tubes. I do not want to cut up my tunnel. Some one has had to have done this same swap and could you guys please give me direction. Cross members for the T56? I heard you can use a Turbo 400 crossmember but just cut something off and flip it over and it works perfect? Is this using 1" set back plates???
I hope you can see my problem here! I am swimming in a sea of unknown and need a life jacket thrown to me. Thanks very much for any help you can give me.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

For sure I know what best fit and have no clearence issues is the f-body oil pan, for the rest depends on which mounts do you use, one thing you should take care is the alternator position, maybe you will need to notch the frame or give a different height on the engine. Take a look in the forum, there is a lot of useful information.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on what you want to accomplish and what is important to you. Take a look at the accessories and your options. If you want A/C and want to keep your engine accessories in the same place it almost dictates the mounts...
Old 06-16-2010, 07:46 PM

This is what I was looking for!!! please do not stop. I do not want to keep AC but I do want to use the GTO front pully setup. I do not want to cut up anything. So please let me know what parts I need to use.
Regards Kevin.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

try with the transdapt mount plates, they are not so expensive ans you can make an idea of what else you will need..

Quick Reply: I really need Help LS1 into 1968 camaro with T56