Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Planning LS swap into Jeep 2005 TJ Unlimited - Instrumentation Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planning LS swap into Jeep 2005 TJ Unlimited - Instrumentation Questions

I've been searching the threads to learn about instrumentation impact/options as a result of the LS swap...

I would like to keep my Jeep instrument cluster. At this point I plan to leave the Jeep computer in place and make appropriate connections from the GM computer to run most of the gauges, but I understand there is an issue getting the tach working...

Dakota Digital makes a Universal Tachometer Signal Interface for $80. And the information on their website makes it sound like it should do the trick...

I've found a few threads here that reference the device, but I'd love to hear from some of you guys who have actually done the swap with this device. Does it work? How exactly do you hook it up?

With this device and both the Jeep and GM computers should I be able to have my stock Jeep instrument cluster completely functional and accurate?

Thanks in advance,
Rob
Old 06-17-2010, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think you will need that tach adaptor. the signal from an ls pcm is a 4 cyl signal, i had my tuner change mine to a 8 cyl signal. i think it would be able to be adjusted for your tach but i am not 100% sure.

Quick Reply: Planning LS swap into Jeep 2005 TJ Unlimited - Instrumentation Questions