Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-Z out saved my @$$

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Z out saved my @$$

Hey guys, just wanted to share with you what NOT to do with these thin walled brass fittings.

I was test fitting a brass metric to NPT adapter into the passenger side cylinder head and I was actually backing it out when it broke off with some of it left in the head. I gasped like I was in an old movie, but headed straight for the tool box where my E Z outs have been waiting silently for their turn since Ive never used them before. I sized up the right one, gave it couple small taps to make sure it grabbed and put a wrench on it and it started backing out.

I got off very lucky here.

What happened was I wasnt pulling on the ratchet properly and put 'non twisting' force on the fitting and it broke....lesson learned.
Attached Thumbnails E-Z out saved my @$$-img_1032.jpg   E-Z out saved my @$$-img_1035.jpg  
Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I need some EZ outs!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

EZ outs can be a blessing or if the extraction goes wrong.. the worst Nightmare...

If you break a EZ out in a grade 8 or above bolt or stud.. trying to extract it will usually get worst before it gets better.

Just a word of warning to use it correctly and stop before it gets worst.

2 cents..
Old 06-29-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bczee
EZ outs can be a blessing or if the extraction goes wrong.. the worst Nightmare...

If you break a EZ out in a grade 8 or above bolt or stud.. trying to extract it will usually get worst before it gets better.

Just a word of warning to use it correctly and stop before it gets worst.

2 cents..
I hear ya bczee, I know what you say is the truth. I thought in this case I would give it a chance cuz it was brass and I knew I was only a couple threads in.

Saved me this time.

Last edited by cutlass_455; 06-30-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They're a gift straight from the almighty himself. Snapped a brass fitting myself... almost got upset until I remember my e-z outs... few minutes later... blam... problem solved.

Quick Reply: E-Z out saved my @$$