Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what type of LS motor??

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what type of LS motor??

Hi everyone,....Im kicking around the idea of replacing my 1964 Nova ss power plant (327 + Muncie 4sp) for a carb'd LS1 and auto trans set-up...

Does it have to be LS1, or maybe a LS truck motor?....I wanna get as much bang for the buck....looking to cruise mainly and drive it to the local 8th mile track every now and then.......and embarrass V-8 mustangs at red lights....lol!

When converting to a carb, is there anything that has to be done to the motor besides the manifold swap?

Thanks guys
Old 07-07-2010, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Read, read, read......

And do a search. There is a warehouse of info on here, it would be impossible to cover your entire swap in one post. The possibilites are endless.

To answer your questions directly...either motor will work...and, a carb setup is substantially easier than EFI......again, do a search for MSD box, carb conversion, etc..just to name a few....

It's all covered here....

Oh, and welcome to the site...pull up a chair, a cold one and dig in......you'll be here a while...

T,
Old 07-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks Tom,..right after I hit submit I saw the stickies above and thought, boy these guys are going to think I'm a retard.....LOL...

Really good stuff here!

I wish there was a youtube step by step of someone doing the conversion....... who knows,... maybe I will........

Thanks again
Ruben
Old 07-07-2010, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Try http://www.stevesnovasite.com/ there are lots, including me who are putting LS1-6 into 1962-1967 Nova's.

Quick Reply: what type of LS motor??