Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

last minute ls1 to lm7 swap ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default last minute ls1 to lm7 swap ?'s

First off im putting a 5.3 in the car simply because now is not the time to spend excessive cash for me. My car is going in the shop on the 19th to get the ls1 removed and the lm7 installed. Are there any mounting, electrical, or any alterations that are not well know that need to be done?? So far

5.3 motor on order
pcm getting sent to be retuned
my ls1 fuel & intake is being used
my alternator also
oil pan as well
will be using ls1 harness
only mod is flowmaster 70 & cutout

my car is a 98, original engine making horrible noises. Auto trans also

just looking for straight foward answers about the swap, please have the courtesy to leave the bs out of it. My thanks in advance to those that contribute + comments
Old 07-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is all straight forward, the shop will just need to drill/tap the 3rd alternator hole in the block, since it is not there.

have them swap the knock sensors for the LS1 sensors/pigtail as they ARE DIFFERENT. The plug that plugs to the harness is the same, and they do work but the knock sensor side plugs ARE different. Also make sure they address the TBS on the truck knock sensors going bad due to water. I put my LM7 in and forgot to change the knocks to the LS1's, now I have to pull the intake/sensors to change them since I have 1 bad sensor.

Quick Reply: last minute ls1 to lm7 swap ?'s