Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dakota Digital dash panel (PICS!!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dakota Digital dash panel (PICS!!)

Hey guys, check it out, I got my DD dash panel finished up and dash all put back together. It looks totally stock, Im so glad I went with this setup. I even sprung for the optional dimmer control, visible in the one pic. Its located by the centre air vents. The two buttons are for the DD too.

The car is 1987 Olds 442 with 4.8/4L60E/Ford 9" 4.30's on a Detroit Locker.
Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails Dakota Digital dash panel (PICS!!)-img_1046.jpg   Dakota Digital dash panel (PICS!!)-img_1047.jpg   Dakota Digital dash panel (PICS!!)-img_1049.jpg  
Old 07-28-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice. You need to find a different camera man for the last pic. How is it driving in the day and at night?

I wish I would have known they had those dashes a few years ago when I built the Monte Carlo I used to have. The car was even blue and would have looked pretty cool with blue gauges. Oh well.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya, it was sunny outside, and I was in the garage...so lots of background light and none for the photo subject....flash wanted to go off.

All I gotta say is that DD piece is nice nice nice. I recommend them for sure. I hooked up the PCM signals for speed and tach and just went into the settings and set them up and they worked, no problem.

I havent had it out at night time, day time is good unless the sun is directly behind you and shining straight on the gauges. For night, like I said, I got the adjustable dimmer control, so I can put it whereever I want. The unit itself has a settable dimmer tho, you connect a wire to your headlight switch so that when you turn your headlights on, it dims to a preselected (by you) level. You can change that, but you need to stop the car, turn it off, go into the setup screens, blah blah blah. The dimmer **** is way easier.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks way cool... Im planning on doing the same in my 71 chevelle.
Rick
Old 07-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Dam!!!! Thats nice better then stock or building one with round guages...

Quick Reply: Dakota Digital dash panel (PICS!!)