Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if the motor is ran hot...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default if the motor is ran hot...

will the pcm prevent the motor from starting until it had cooled down to a reasonable temp???

i don't have my temp gauge wired up yet cuz of the stoopid autometer adapter...but i let the motor ran for a while...it started smoking...the fan never kicked on...i grounded the relay manually to simulate the pcm grounding the fan ckt...fan turned on...both high and low speed..which means my relay wiring is correct...havent checked the output from the pcm yet...but i noticed the starter wouldn't even turn over after being ran for awhile...wait bout 15 minute...go to start and it start rite up...and i manually grounded the high speed fan and it ran the whole time with the motor running...turned it off and now the car wont start again....

was wondering if engine temp would cause the pcm to not let the motor start...

but thinking bout it mechanically...the starter ckt is isolated from the rest of the pcm ckt...just a hot lead from the ign switch to the starter solenoid...

maybe my battery suck ***...voltage is over 12volts tho...
Old 08-08-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok...found my starting problem...loose hot lead from battery to starter...

will need to wait for adapter to come in so i can monitor the coolant temp and test to see if/y the pcm is not putting a ground on the ckt...