Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lsx mustang (need tips)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lsx mustang (need tips)

Ok fellas doin a lsx swap in my coupe but I have a problem. It has a 5.0 k member but I've seen where people are usink the k member and buying mounts that goes from my k member to ls1. But I need to know where to get them. I've also heard regular f body headers work for the swap how true is this. Also how's everyone doin the trans cross member. I think that's it I know this has prob been posted 50 times but I can't find it any wjhere just need some positive imput. Thanks a lot.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2nd go round
Ok fellas doin a lsx swap in my coupe but I have a problem. It has a 5.0 k member but I've seen where people are usink the k member and buying mounts that goes from my k member to ls1. But I need to know where to get them. I've also heard regular f body headers work for the swap how true is this. Also how's everyone doin the trans cross member. I think that's it I know this has prob been posted 50 times but I can't find it any wjhere just need some positive imput. Thanks a lot.

351w Foxbody swap headers can be modded to fit... depending on how low the motor is in the vehicle 5.0 shorties can be modded to fit ( both mods include at a minimum cutting off the flanges and using ls1 flanges...If you are a semi skilled fabricator you can do it , i believe that the big Windsor may involve moving a primary on the DS to clear the steering shaft and in some cases, the brake lines. I run a motor plate with a PA k member... the AJE K member for the LS1 is fairly inexpensive. I'm on the fence with the trans cross member (th400) and I went ahead and dropped the cash for the Dyna-tech Foxbody LS1 Headers ( very nice work, the primary merge welds up inside the collector were superior to some companies welds that are visible and these will never be seen) quite a few members have links to their builds in their signatures.. just search tern "Foxbody" and read away...good luck !
Old 08-14-2010, 02:06 AM
Teching In

IMO this is a pretty pricey unit but its an option they also say in this thread that they do just sell the mounts to make it work but no price is listed.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-swap-kit.html
Old 08-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Launching!

I'm Using AJE K Member. DynaTech's , and Modified T5 Crossmember to work with my TH350. All seems to be pretty nice ,and not hard work.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Default ls1 swap

I'm using AJE k-member, AJE motor mounts, and AJE trans crossmember for TH-400. Everything works great and didn't drop a ton of money either. Jegs sells everything. As far as headers go i'm goin turbo with truck manifolds, but I see swap headers from kooks, dynatech, and windsor headers modified.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS88FoxBody
I'm Using AJE K Member. DynaTech's , and Modified T5 Crossmember to work with my TH350. All seems to be pretty nice ,and not hard work.
X2....I am using this same set-up in my SN-95. It works and fits great.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Teching In

If you plan on taking turns hard, I would suggest a Griggs racing or maximum motorsports K-member.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Default swap

I agree. The tubular k-members work great for dragrace and normal street racing, but aren't really designed for roadrace or backroad thrashings. If roadracing is what u want I recommend maximum motorsports anything. Also if your interested I have a UPR k-member for sale. $200
Old 08-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

Unforchanantly my car has a 5.0 k member but I'm deff not doin any road racing. Not sure how true but I heard the regular long tube f body headers work for this swap? And thanks for the cross mamber info doe someone have any pics of theirs. Just to c how I need to extend it and how. Thanks fellas for info up to now. And if any one got any carb picks be free to share.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

you will need to swap to a 4.6 k member or aftermarket k. You can then use some modified 4.6 mounts for the ls1......
For headers, you can either modify some 351 LT swap headers or fbody shorties....

For xmember, im using my stock aode one, but with slightly modified mounts

Quick Reply: lsx mustang (need tips)