Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRP Mid-Length headers 64-67 A-Body

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Default BRP Mid-Length headers 64-67 A-Body

Anyone run these? How do they fit? would you recommend them?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Old School Heavy

That many people use them eh? Wow, I better get a drink and some chips to read all these posts.........
Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers for a 1964 Chevelle

I have not used the BRP headers. I can tell you that I tried the Hooker Super Comps - don't fit, not even close. They I tried the Doug's headers - didn't fit but closer - still hit onthe frame. Ordered the Edelbrok's, fit great! Look good. Price was about the same as the others. I also used the Hooker adapter plates. Check out my post under Hybrids for all the info and picks. "LSX swap into a 1964 Chevelle L98 4L70e". I know this is not what you were looking at but hope it might help in some way.

Last edited by sambooka; 08-22-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-22-2010, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

sambooka... Did you use the hookers with the hooker mounts?

speed... what mounts are you using? i'd imagine they would work decently well with the brp mounts. you may want to call/email brp and tell them your setup.

i'm leaning toward the edelbrock kit (mounts, headers, full exaust) for my goat. after making everything for my nova (sans headers), i'd like to do a 'bolt-in' to amke the swap for my DD quicker/easier.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:35 PM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by hookemdevils22
sambooka... Did you use the hookers with the hooker mounts?

speed... what mounts are you using? i'd imagine they would work decently well with the brp mounts. you may want to call/email brp and tell them your setup.

i'm leaning toward the edelbrock kit (mounts, headers, full exaust) for my goat. after making everything for my nova (sans headers), i'd like to do a 'bolt-in' to amke the swap for my DD quicker/easier.
I have the Edelbrock mount set up. I was speaking to somebody at BRP by email, but they never replied to the Edelbrock mount fit question. I imagine their standard answer to any fit question is that you have to use their mounts. So, I was hoping to hear from other who had used them. Apparently no one has used the BRP mids on a 64-65 A-Body.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have no experience, but searching for BRP turns up this post...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13756545-post185.html

ymmv
Old 08-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by 85MikeTPI
I have no experience, but searching for BRP turns up this post...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/13756545-post185.html

ymmv
I have read several hate posts directed at BRP. Discouraging to say the least. The only lsx headers I have read good reviews on for the 65 are the Edelbrocks but I am not into the starter problems that go with them.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i take it you're talking about not being able to install/remove the starter without some serious work with the eddys? because WOW, i was seriously considering them before i saw that post. damn, i'd replace the starter with the absolute best of the best to ensure it didn't fail if going with those!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs up www.BRPHotRods.com

There are "a lot" more positive posts here on LS1Tech, regarding BRP's good reputation & service, than there are bad posts. Note that the guy in that post had just about EVERYTHING go wrong with his parts, pretty hard to believe. There is an ex-BRP employee on here, with his one friend(lol) that has an agenda, that left their employ, under bad terms. One simply has to read in between the lines. BRP has a great product line, at fair pricing, with good customer service...and has been in business doing this, for a long time. I would recommend BRP to anyone than recognizes quality.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by hookemdevils22
i take it you're talking about not being able to install/remove the starter without some serious work with the eddys? because WOW, i was seriously considering them before i saw that post. damn, i'd replace the starter with the absolute best of the best to ensure it didn't fail if going with those!
After looking at all of the pictures in his thread, I wonder if perhaps I could get the starter in from the rear with my TH200-4R trans..

I see that the 4l60E has a full circumference bell housing. The 200-4R has a removable lower dust shield that may allow room to slide the starter in from the rear. It just hard to tell from this picture.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by LS1GMCTruck
There are "a lot" more positive posts here on LS1Tech, regarding BRP's good reputation & service, than there are bad posts. Note that the guy in that post had just about EVERYTHING go wrong with his parts, pretty hard to believe. There is an ex-BRP employee on here, with his one friend(lol) that has an agenda, that left their employ, under bad terms. One simply has to read in between the lines. BRP has a great product line, at fair pricing, with good customer service...and has been in business doing this, for a long time. I would recommend BRP to anyone than recognizes quality.
I sure want to believe that. The mids would be a nice clean practical solution if they fit well in a 64-65. I would just like to hear from another member that they worked well for them. Now if BRP said that if I was not satisfied with the fit, I could send them back for a refund, I would feel fine with giving them a try.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ls1 gmc truck, what the hell are you talking about?I got had by good o boy Phil on a 2nd f body kit that was garbage. Other members ,just do a search, see all the problems other members have had with his stuff.I have tried to stay out of fight , but I can no longer sit idle and watch other people be had by Brp. Ls1 gmc truck I don't know why you must chime in and defend Brp every time someone questions there there products, If anyone has anything good or bad to say about Brp let other members know, thats what this website is for. S+P parts are expense,but do you hear anyone saying they don't fit.Do you see anyone complain about car shop or speartech?Don't get BRPed.

Quick Reply: BRP Mid-Length headers 64-67 A-Body