Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is everybody mounting the PCM on First Gens?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where is everybody mounting the PCM on First Gens?

Where is everybody mounting their pcms? I would like to see pics, etc. So far it looks like it will be behind the passenger fender. I also want to know if people are extending their harnesses.

thanks!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No pics but mine is mounted in the glove box. I plan to pull it out and mount it some where in the engine compartment. Just remember to mount it where you can get to it if needed. I may end up putting on the pass. side fender. I used an s-10 ecm mount. I think some one sells the harness extensions, maybe ebay? Let us know what you decide. Good luck
Old 08-25-2010, 01:43 AM
Staging Lane

Glove box is good for me.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:55 AM
Launching!

I have mine mounted behind the passenger headlight next to the battery, I used a techrods harness so i had a little extra run for the ecm.. it crosses infront of the heater box and then underneath the fender for the rest of the run. I used a 2003 silvado ECM bracket (slightly modified).. you cant see the ECM with the battery installed, its very clean looking
Old 08-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Teching In

Since my 69 has AC, I wanted to mount mine behind the left side headlight. Isn't installed but is tested...

Old 08-25-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have the drivers side taken with a GTO CAB and the factory engine bay harness relays. The passenger side has my battery and the coolant overflow behind it but I like the idea. The overflow is from a Nova but all the older cars work like the cadialliac sevilles. The coolant bottle fits perfectly inside the fenderwell behind the battery. I have a vintage air setup so I really don't have room in the glove compartment. Looks like I may have to do some wire extensions....

Quick Reply: Where is everybody mounting the PCM on First Gens?