Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C and Maggie...what compressor brackets work

Old 09-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C and Maggie...what compressor brackets work

anyone running a magnuson s/c and A/c? how did you make the belts work? any issues? Pick's of your setup? All the highmount (pass side valve cover area) a/C mounts look like they would displace the magnuson tensioner. what have you guys done? (any swap/ac info would be helpful... also anyone with pics of the a/c brackets installed would be helpful, s/c or not) Thanks!
Old 09-03-2010, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

I made up my own lower bracket that fits about where the stock one did on an F-body.

Mounting it low keeps it out of the way of all the blower stuff and cleans it up.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Launching!

wow, beautiful work! What coils are those?

I was really hoping to avoid cutting my subframe(thats right where the compressor would sit with your brackets) but I may have to.. really nice work on your car though, very trick!
Old 09-03-2010, 09:12 PM
On The Tree

The coils are 2001 truck ones (came with the 5.3 truck motor). I just cut down some of the bracket that the coil holder that mounted on the larger coil bracket.

This was the simplest solution to the problem also. No trickery or difficulty getting it to line up. It is parallel to the mounting pads (easy to do). The hardest part was the tensioner bracket and making sure the pulley for it was parallel. It can handle more mis-alignment than you think.

Don't be afraid of that sub-frame. (It's laughing at you right now) - GO TEACH IT A LESSON !!!

Look at my frame rail, see the AC pulley cutout that extends forward so I can get the belt off and on? There is a lot of steel hidden under that skin of a frame rail. I had to whack it more than once. That whole spring cup / upper A arm mount has 1/4" steel gussets that go back down to the crossmember.

I didn't count on anyone ever noticing my AC bracket but I appreciate the compliment.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Launching!

thanks for the info....

anyone else?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C and Maggie...what compressor brackets work