Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 tbi tahoe lsx conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 tbi tahoe lsx conversion

hey guys i noticed my whipplecharged 5.7 tbi tahoe is starting to make some slight lower end noise. im either going to go with a built small block so i can keep the charger, if not id like to swap in a 6.0 or 6.2 into it. does anyone have a list of what parts are needed to do so. i know of the motor plate brakets, flywheel spacer, harness either make or get one made, exh manifolds or perfer headers if anyone makes them. any idea what else i would need? will my tranny work-as in bolt up? also if anyone knows if i could make my top mount charger work if i got and lsx intake bracket to convert it??
Old 09-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Teching In

look up at the top in the stickies. Budget swap post should apply to you.

your current tranny will work. use the 1" set back adapters and it should not move any. The a/c if you keep your stuff will need some adapter brackets. Novak makes one with everything, and there are other options out there too using a saden compressor.

you can use truck manifolds on the lsx swap and make a new y-pipe to tie into existing exhaust or of course go with headers and a new system.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by classic79
look up at the top in the stickies. Budget swap post should apply to you.

your current tranny will work. use the 1" set back adapters and it should not move any. The a/c if you keep your stuff will need some adapter brackets. Novak makes one with everything, and there are other options out there too using a saden compressor.

you can use truck manifolds on the lsx swap and make a new y-pipe to tie into existing exhaust or of course go with headers and a new system.
also saw a recient post on here where someone had converted the older a/c serp bracket to work with the truck accessories and then they could retain their factory ac comp and bracket.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:11 AM
On The Tree

i also read somewhere where you keep the original ecm to run the tranny and use the lsx ecm for the motor......true/false??

Quick Reply: 95 tbi tahoe lsx conversion