Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing harness wires from leads L92

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing harness wires from leads L92

Is there a tool or a trick to removing wires/pins from the harness connectors?

I need to remove the gas pedal connector so I can pass the harness wire through the firewall, then reinstall on the other side.

Many thanks!

Last edited by 68Problemchild; 09-09-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SeaDo...tercraft_Parts
Old 09-10-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure what kind of connector you are talking about... do you mean the PCM connector, or the connector that plugs into your gas pedal?

On my Corvette gas pedal, the plug was a Metri-Pack 150 connector. (I took it apart, drilled a hole in the firewall, painted, installed a grommet, pushed the wires through one by one, and then reassembled the plug on the inside) It requires a little tool that looks like a mini screwdriver. You push it into the front of the plug and gently bend the terminal's tang down inside the connector. With the tang bent down, there will be nothing holding the terminal inside the connector body so you can pull the terminal out of the connector body through the back, by the wire. To reinstall, you will probably need to gently bend the tang back up before you push it into the connector body.

Go onto eBay and look for metri-pack terminals. You will see the little tang I am talking about.

The one pictured above looks like a Weather-Pack terminal and connector. I don't know much about those.

Originally Posted by 68Problemchild
Is there a tool or a trick to removing wires/pins from the harness connectors?

I need to remove the gas pedal connector so I can pass the harness wire through the firewall, then reinstall on the other side.

Many thanks!