Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 Mounting problems in 2nd Gen Camaro...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 5.3 Mounting problems in 2nd Gen Camaro...

ok so last night I got the engine and trans mated up and tried test fitting it in the frame with the frame out of the car. Here is what I am using as mounts and what. First off it is an H3 Alpha pan, Trans-Dapt 4572 adapter plates and Moroso 62630 frame side solid mount and Moroso 62515 engine side solid mounts. I tried setting everything in and the pan clearance is tight but it should work but the mounts are way the f off... Just wondering if anyone has used the same set-up and what has happened for them im gona link in some pics...
Old 09-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Launching!

Old 09-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Teching In

I used different adapter plates and mounts but had similar issues. The thickness of the adapter plates results in a greater total width unless the adapter plates account for that. Most don't. I had to relocate the holes for the mounts to the frame. My frame was already swiss chease anyways from someone moving mounts around so much until they finally welded them on. Had to cut off those mounts, slot the original holes til the mounts fit, welded up all other holes. Check one of the other 2nd gen threads. He changed his adapter plates to Car Shop ones I believe and was able to use original frame holes.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Yea I am thinking that might be the option I need to pursue... I will have to look into the car shop mounts but then again I am also worried about pan clearance issures... I don't really want to notch the cross-member... I guess I will have to do some more research... Anyone else?

Quick Reply: 5.3 Mounting problems in 2nd Gen Camaro...