Sponsored by:

E38/E67 with T42 questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question E38/E67 with T42 questions

So, here's my dilemma.

For my S10 build I decided to make the motor a GenIV (change reluctor wheel, 4x cam gear, timing cover, etc.) mostly because I love the quickness of these PCM's and the fact that I won't have to buy a X-link adapter to run my electronic 90mm throttle body. Overall, it should be nice and smooth compared to going the '06 DBW route.

That being said, I'm shopping around right now trying to figure out what ECM/TCM combo I need to run. What I plan on doing is getting a stock truck wiring harness out of a '07+ Silverado with a 4-speed so it will work with my 4L60E. I've read about some people having success without running a ISS on the 60E, and some people said they had to run a 70E or mod their 60E with 70E ISS parts.

Looking at the OE spec'd ECM online it calls for a E38 in a '08 Silverado 4speed. Does that sound correct? I'm pretty new to the GenIV wiring harness game, but am learning the most I can.

Does the T42 trans controller get the signals/inputs from the E38 through the GMLAN signal wires? I'm just a little confused on this part since there's only 2 connectors on the E38 and they control only motor functions.

Any info/help is greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to get started soon on a wiring harness. I'm going to likely extend/re-route 90% of the wires so the PCM will mount inside the cab of the S10.

Quick Reply: E38/E67 with T42 questions