Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 swap in 67 chevelle questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 swap in 67 chevelle questions

I have been doing alot of reading this past couple of weeks and had a few questions. I will be using a LS1 engine from a 2004 gto a th400 and install this into a 67 chevelle. My questions are

1. If I use the th400 will Ineed to have a tune of some sort since I will not be using any of these plugs?

2. With a different wiring harness such as painless will it fit in the original hole that my factory harness did? Smoothing my firewall so just curious if I should leave those original holes or not.

3. DO I use the ECM from the 2004 GTO or do I need one from a f-body?

I have to conversion mounts, an oil pan from the H3 Alpha. Still need to rder the wiring harness, headers converter etc...
Old 10-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. yes but you need to remove emissions anyways so it can be done all at once through mail order for 100 or less

2 how big is the hole?

3. use the gto ecm if you have it if not any ecm will do from a cable driven throttle body

4. (i added this) you need to make sure your conversion mounts will work with the H3 pan , I used brp mounts and shimmed the engine using 3/8" plate under the frame stands to make sure the tie rods clear the front of the oil pan. this is not a bolt in swap fabrication will be required but you are on the right track

P.S. I'm close by if you'd like to see mine for some reference I'm 15 minutes south of the I75 I275 merge in northern hillsborough cnty
Old 10-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chevyboy91188
1. yes but you need to remove emissions anyways so it can be done all at once through mail order for 100 or less

2 how big is the hole?

3. use the gto ecm if you have it if not any ecm will do from a cable driven throttle body

4. (i added this) you need to make sure your conversion mounts will work with the H3 pan , I used brp mounts and shimmed the engine using 3/8" plate under the frame stands to make sure the tie rods clear the front of the oil pan. this is not a bolt in swap fabrication will be required but you are on the right track

P.S. I'm close by if you'd like to see mine for some reference I'm 15 minutes south of the I75 I275 merge in northern hillsborough cnty

The hole for the factory wiring is about 3 inches wide less then 4 inches tall.

Is there an oil pan that you would recommend instead?

I appreciate the offer to take a look at your car I might take you up on it sometime if its not any trouble.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no trouble to me im in college lol

I also used the hummer pan, most say an fbody is the best for tie rod clearance but it is more expensive and make you set the engine back farther. I left my th350 bolted in the stock location and then mounted the engine to it and made my mounts.

trust me the shimming isn't that bad, but the bigger issue is that the pan even after all the shimming i did still hangs 3/4" below the cross member which since my car sits up at stock height isn't bad but if you plan on lowering it or anything it would cause problems.

I think you would benefit from seeing my car pm me sometime when you are down south and we can exchange #'s and meet up

Quick Reply: ls1 swap in 67 chevelle questions