Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who have eliminated the Generator Battery Control Module-How did you wire alt?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Those who have eliminated the Generator Battery Control Module-How did you wire alt?

I have a 2005 LQ9 I am swapping in, the alternator has the main feed wire and a pigtail that has two wires coming out of it.

On of the two wires goes to the PCM

The other wire made it's way over to the Generator Battery Control Module. Since now that is gone I do not really know what I should do with this wire.

My understanding is that the Generator Battery Control Module tells the alternator how much juice it expects the car to need and gets it ready for increased loads. Since this will pretty much be a race car it doesn't need this function (and not that I am going to be able to tell any momentary decrease in idle due to a load with a big cam/loud exhaust).

Anyone have any definitive information concerning this Generator Battery Control Module and the 2 wire pigtail alternator wiring?

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I fixed mine by installing an F-body alt' and wiring pin B & C to an ignition switched 12v source going through a 194 bulb.

Seriously, got tired of dealing w/ the 2 wire alt... not sure why they're such a pain.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:20 AM
TECH Resident

I appreciate the insight, but I am sure people are using this alternator, someone has to have a wiring scheme for it.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hook pin 1 up like the f-body either through a resistor or a bulb. Leave the other wire disconnected. I'm running the 160amp alt from an 07 Escalade that way and have no problems.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sierrac3_s2000
Hook pin 1 up like the f-body either through a resistor or a bulb. Leave the other wire disconnected. I'm running the 160amp alt from an 07 Escalade that way and have no problems.
Any idea what color wire pin 1 is, I have the grey wire going to the PCM like factory and the other wire is I believe brown and it does not go anywhere.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Those who have eliminated the Generator Battery Control Module-How did you wire alt?