Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3 into 70 Chevelle Fuel System Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 into 70 Chevelle Fuel System Question

I'm in the middle of a build on a 70 Chevelle with an LS3 setup. I'm trying to see what's the best way in running the fuel system. I needed a new tank from Rock Vally with the Walboro pumps and need to complete the rest to the LS3 intake.

Are there any detailed threds on fitting sizes, what type of lines to run and so on? I know I need to pickup a Corvette return system but not sure of details or what else is needed.

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

I used an -6 fittings and lines in my swap with a corvette fuel filter. They have the -6 to quick dissconnect fittings (male and female) available for the fuel filter and the fuel rail. On the feed lines they are 3/8"quick disconnects, on the return they are 5/16"
Old 11-10-2010, 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Depending on your LS3 output.. 3/8" or AN -6 should be ok.. with the 5/16" return. What I did was run a new Stainless Steel hard line from front to rear and then ran SS Braided hose and AN fittings were needed. Used Compression to AN on both ends of the Hard line.

You can run the Quick Disconnects where needed (fuel Rail and the FPR). You can run Compression to AN -6 on the Tanks sender or replace the sender with some AN fittings.

One suggestion.. for the Fuel rail and the Sender tubes. You can braze on AN -6 Bunts on the tube ends and skip some of the quick disconnnect. How offen do you really need them and the AN would be more secure anyway.

I put my FPR on the Frame crossmember just in front of the tank and rear end.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Teching In

I appreciate the replies. Do I need a 2008 and up Corvette return system? What are you guys doing for the fuel filter setup?

Thanks
Old 11-11-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can go either way.. return style or returnless... If you do returnless, there is less tubing/hoses to run.. you can mount near the rear and only have a short run for the return line from the FPR back to the return port on the tank/sender.

If you go returnless, then use a 99+ Corvette Filter Pressure Regulator (FPR). They are usually around $45 or so. (this is the most common setup).