Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls2 in 68 camaro swap kits and options?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls2 in 68 camaro swap kits and options?

I m putting an ls2 in my 68 camaro... i just purchased the h3 colorado muscle car low profile pan kit... what options do i have for headers and engine stands and mounts .. cheaper would be helpfull kinda ona budget thanks
Old 11-24-2010, 01:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are endless combination and manufactor of adapter plates and Headers. I would suggest you look for a common manufactor of both the plate and headers that were designed to work together.. that will cut much of the problems out. Mixing and matching can work, but is PITA and can be costly to try to find a combination that works for you.

BRP markets a kit that is designed around the H3 LH8 oil pan.. but IMO, that pan might or will hang a bit below the X-member about 1 1/2", but it doesn't make fitting the engine ok due to the rear sump being far enough back to clear the Crossmember.

If your on a Budget, I have made my own plate for both my 71 Chevelle (early BRP using 1/4" steel) and 71 Nova (Edelbrock like 1" set back style out of 1/2" alum). I have used Edelbrock Headers on both now. But you can go un-coated headers from other manufactors to keep in your Budget.

You can get eBay plates pertty cheap (Car Shop?).

Suggest your read the Sticky at the top for both 1st Gen F-body and 3rd gen X-Body (Nova) as they are the same front subframes and suspesion.

Quick Reply: ls2 in 68 camaro swap kits and options?